- 2016-02-17Charlottesville Cardinals Wheelchair Basketball Team Ranked #16 Nationally
- 2016-02-01Charlottesville Cardinals Pick Up Two Wins Over Weekend
- 2015-12-23Charlottesville Cardinals Jump To #14 In Latest National Rankings
- 2015-12-07Cardinals Take 3rd In Herman Key, Jr. Memorial Holiday Tournament
- 2015-11-30Herman Key, Jr. Memorial Holiday Tournament Kicks Off This Weekend
COLORADO SPRINGS, CO–The Charlottesville Cardinals wheelchair basketball team slipped one slot to #16 but remained ranked in the “Sweet Sixteen” in the most recent National Wheelchair Basketball Association national rankings (see below).
The latest ranking assures the Cardinals an invitation to the NWBA national championship tournament in Louisville, Kentucky the week of April 7th through 10th.
The Charlottesville squad will be quite busy over the next four weeks as the team competes in three major tournaments during that span, starting this weekend with the Bluegrass Invitational Tournament in Louisville, Kentucky.
The Cardinals will then travel to Philadelphia the first weekend in March to play in the Carousel House Tournament before heading to Las Vegas the following weekend to compete in the Las Vegas Invitational Tournament.
NWBA Championship Division February 2016 Top Twenty Ranking:
1. Dallas Movin’ Mavericks
2. Milwaukee Wheelchair Bucks “A”
3. New York Rollin’ Knicks
4. (Erie) Bay City Thunder
5. (Oregon) Rogue Valley Scorpions
6. University of Arizona Wildcats
7. Utah Wheelin’ Jazz
8. Sacramento Rollin’ Kings
9. Austin Rec’ers
10. (Michigan) Mary Free Bed Pacers
11. Golden State Road Warriors
12. San Diego Wolfpack
13. Seattle Sonics
14. Albuquerque Kings
15. Miami Heat Wheels
16. Charlottesville Cardinals
17. Chicago RIC Hornets
18. Atlanta Shepherd Stealers
19. San Antonio Spurs
20. (Missouri) Columbia Predators
Roll With It
Check out this inspiring documentary featuring the Cardinals.
About the Cardinals
The Charlottesville Cardinals are a nationally ranked wheelchair basketball team based in Charlottesville, VA. The team was formed in 1980 to provide athletes with disabilities an opportunity for exercise and competitive recreation as well as to educate the general public concerning the capabilities of individuals with disabilities. Since its formation, over 375 area athletes with disabilities have participated with the Cardinals and they have performed in front of over 75,000 people across the U.S. and Canada.
Please browse the website to learn more about us. For a current roster and team statistics, visit the team page. To see the Cardinals in action, see our media page or look at the event schedule and see us in person. If you have any questions or would like to schedule the Cardinals for a demonstration, please contact our team coordinator via the contact page. Thanks for visiting!