- 2016-02-01Charlottesville Cardinals Pick Up Two Wins Over Weekend
- 2015-12-23Charlottesville Cardinals Jump To #14 In Latest National Rankings
- 2015-12-07Cardinals Take 3rd In Herman Key, Jr. Memorial Holiday Tournament
- 2015-11-30Herman Key, Jr. Memorial Holiday Tournament Kicks Off This Weekend
- 2015-11-25Charlottesville Cardinals Wheelchair Basketball Ranked #18 In Latest National Poll
RICHMOND, VA–The Charlottesville Cardinals wheelchair basketball team won two games on Saturday against a very scrappy MAPVA Richmond Rimriders squad: 64-43 and 62-30. The Cardinals’ Mike Looney was the high scorer in both games, knocking down 24 points in the first game and 23 in the second.
The Cardinals are currently 9-4 on the season and are ranking #15 nationally by the National Wheelchair Basketball Association. The team next plays in Louisville, Kentucky the weekend of February 20-21 at the Bluegrass Invitational Tournament.
Roll With It
Check out this inspiring documentary featuring the Cardinals.
About the Cardinals
The Charlottesville Cardinals are a nationally ranked wheelchair basketball team based in Charlottesville, VA. The team was formed in 1980 to provide athletes with disabilities an opportunity for exercise and competitive recreation as well as to educate the general public concerning the capabilities of individuals with disabilities. Since its formation, over 375 area athletes with disabilities have participated with the Cardinals and they have performed in front of over 75,000 people across the U.S. and Canada.
Please browse the website to learn more about us. For a current roster and team statistics, visit the team page. To see the Cardinals in action, see our media page or look at the event schedule and see us in person. If you have any questions or would like to schedule the Cardinals for a demonstration, please contact our team coordinator via the contact page. Thanks for visiting!